Monday, January 24, 2011

Recalcitrant Pumps III - The Experience Evolves


Before re-posting this one let me say there was obsolutely no set up whatsoever involved - life can just be strange like this - blogger's word of honour, which should settle the matter - LOL!

I've done two some might be tempted to say quirky posts over the last couple of years - 'Recalcitrant Pumps' (19 November 2007) ...


... and 'Recalcitrant Pumps 2' (20 July 2008) ...


... to put on record a recurring and somewhat surreal experience. One that usually happens on the way to my favourite Kings Cross cafe for a morning latte, and perhaps this may turn out to be significant?

Well, there was a recurrence this morning, which I instinctively knew would require another post.

As I wandered home, naturally my mind was racing with all sorts of angles - from Marcel Duchamp's 'objets trouvés', such as his 1917 urinal as a fountain ...


... to the more obvious foot fetish implications ...


On a mundane and surface level, of course this particular sighting suggests the aftermath of a night of wild partying ...


... and the inherent complications of getting home in the morning ...


But I'm open to other interpretations - cos I'm a guy with less than rigid and fixed opinions.

So, guys, does this say something about me and what I attend to?

Or do you reckon there are there other forces at work here?

No comments:

Post a Comment