Sunday, November 8, 2009

When Life and Dreams Merge


I don't know about you, but I've been pestered by dreams of flying ... for years ... and years.

Usually it goes like this - I run along the ground to gather speed, and then, slowly, spread my arms and take to the air. No flapping seems to be required - I just have to keep the arms out.

And then, after a suitable period, I say to myself 'This is not a dream - I really am flying!'.

At this point, things usually go either of two ways - elation as I continue ever upwards, or dismay as the very words themselves seem to bring me crashing down. No Freudian interpretations, please!

Yesterday I sensed a way out of this life-long dilemma, while watching the video below - all I need to do is get onto the NASA program as an astronaut! I guess anything is possible ... and, as you must have understood by now, my need is great!


For a bit of variation on the flying thing, I could do mid-air hovering - it'd would work for me ...


Other fun extras would be sleeping standing up ... though, come to think of it, this might not be quite as exciting as flying or hovering ...


Where lifting heavy objects with a single finger would be ...


... and would also satisfy any latent superman fantasies.

Water sports could be high on my 'to do' list' ...



Anyway, here's the video that inspired all these ruminations ...



... cool, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment