Monday, November 23, 2009

Dame E at Her Very Best


It seems to me that Dame E is at her very best in the short mostly scripted comedy festival format.

Of course, there are hallmarks of her full one-woman stage shows - such as the interaction with a single member of the audience.

This usually begins with some pretty subtle (and scary) scanning of the front few rows - left ...


... and right ...


... until a suitable victim is spied ...


... at which point, an expression of devilish delight usually passes over the face of the demonic Dame ...


The doomed soul is seized on in a pythonesque and unreleasing grip ...


... and lured into participating in their own public humiliation and destruction ...


... which they usually do with good humor ...


Watching the video, I realized I hadn't remembered how pants-wettingly funny Dame E's slow and exaggerated facial freeze expressions could be ...






So enjoy ...



... as I will cos I think I'll just look at it one more time ... or two ... or five ... .

No comments:

Post a Comment